25 February 2009

Flowertea

Visiting friends while I was away last week, they gave me expected surprise: a belated Christmas present. Yes, yes it's February, but this beautiful glass teapot and these delicate flower teas might not have survived being sent by the post.

I tried it out for the first time this weekend. There I sat, at my living room table pouring cup upon cup of this subtle and beautiful tea, memorizing lines and watching the sun turn everything golden over the Parisian rooftops. After all, it's the little moments in life that make up happiness.


La semaine dernière, j'ai rendu visite à des amis qui m'ont donné un cadeau de Noël -- un peu en retard, oui, mais cela aurait été difficile d'envoyer cette théière en verre et la selection de thés de fleurs par la poste. J'ai toujours aimé l'idée de ces thés qui s'ouvrent en s'infusant, mais n'en ai jamais acheté pour moi même (c'est bien d'avoir des amis qui me connaissent si bien !).

Je l'ai essayée pour la première fois ce week-end. À table dans le salon, je me suis servie tasse après tasse de ce thé subtil, pendant que je mémorisais mes répliques, et par la fenêtre le soleil couvrait les toits d'or. Je me suis dit que ce sont les petits moments comme ça qui font le bonheur.

13 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So pretty!

Cheers,

Rosa

Ivy said...

Lovely tea pot and I can imagine that the tea must tasted great.

Cicero Sings said...

Aren't those flowering teas fun? I have given them as gifts too and have some myself. They taste good too.

Hopie said...

Rosa - Indeed!

Ivy - The tea was lovely and didn't get bitter even when it infused for a long time.

Cicero - I've given them, but never gotten them and I was so happy to. Lots of fun!

Tony said...

Yay pretty! Ren and I are both very happy that you liked the tea :)

PG said...

Sounds like a delightful afternoon. Very nice gift.

Just Cook It said...

Very nice. It looks incredibly zen

Sam said...

Those flower teas look amazing, that's a great gift.

Hopie said...

Tony - Thank you so much for them! I love them.

Psychgrad - Lovely afternoon indeed.

Alex - Hard NOT to feel zen when you're actually watching a flower bloom ;-)

Sam - I thought so too!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! :)

David said...

"After all, it's the little moments in life that make up happiness."

My dear, you have achieved more wisdom in a quarter century than most people realize in a lifetime. I stand in awe of your amazing heart and soul. It's that simple.

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Useful and so, so pretty - great idea for a pressie..:)

Hopie said...

Nirvana - I think so too!

Dads - Well with such amazing parents... I had a good start ;-)

Here, There - Yes, it was a lovely present to receive.