06 September 2008

Housekeeping


Well, here we go, I've finally given in to this Web 2.0 craze and created myself a Google Reader page to follow all your wonderful blogs. Am I talking gibberish? The video on the google reader website that explains the system by comparing it to your email inbox. You don't have to contact all your friends to see who has written you, their emails just come right to you. In the same way, when you use a reader to follow websites, you don't have to click through all your links to know who's posting, the new posts show up right away in your reader.

Bon, ça y est. J'ai enfin cédé à la mode Web 2.0 et je me suis crée une page Google Reader pour pouvoir suivre tous vos blogs merveilleux. Vous ne comprenez pas un mot de ce que je viens de dire ? Dans leur petit film d'introduction, google explique les readers en les comparant à une boîte email : avec une boîte email vous n'avez pas besoin de demander à chaque ami pour voir s'il vous a écrit ; les mails viennent directement dans votre boîte. C'est pareil avec un reader : vous n'avez pas besoin de cliquer sur les liens de chaque siteweb que vous suivez, vous pouvez voir les nouveaux postes tout de suite sur le reader.

Oh. You knew all that already? Ok, then. In that case, you're already subscribed to my blog, right? No?? I made it super easy to subscribe: just click on the link on the left sidebar under "Subscribe" and choose your reader. Get it? Got it? Good! Welcome!

Mais quoi ? Vous savez tout ça déjà ? Je suis la dernière à m'y mettre ? Ah bon. Donc, vous êtes bien sûr déjà inscrit à mon blog ! Sinon, c'est très facile à faire maintenant. Il faut juste cliquer sur le lien à gauche sous la rubrique "Subscribe" et choisir votre programme. A bientôt alors !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rien de tel que ces pages qui permettent de voir l'actualité de ses blogs préférés en un clin d'oeil. Perso, j'ai opté pour Netvibes, histoire de ne pas tout remettre entre les mains de Big Google Brother, qui en sait déjà beaucoup trop sur ma vie à mon goût !

Hopie said...

D.k. - C'est vrai que c'est très pratique ! Je me suis dit que comme Google savait tout déjà, ça n'avait plus trop d'importance... ;-)

Cicero Sings said...

Hey Hopie!

Yep, I've already got you on a reader so I know just when you've posted! I use Bloglines.

As for soap making, I have made my own soap for several years now. I've come up with a formula I really like that makes a very soft, creamy, lathery soap. Decadent. I make for family and friends as it makes great gifts. I tried to sell at a craft fair one year but too much hassle ... like cooking for a crowd all of the time ... okay once in a while but! I also make up our own skin oils including D's shaving stuff. I have a basket full of oils but they don't keep so one has to use them up relatively quickly.

I also have a basket of Essential Oils that I use for scenting the soap ... I don't use fragrance oils (man made scents).

I wrote two posts on soap making on October 18 and 19, 2007 ... if you are interested in the process.

Hopie said...

Cicero - Yay! I have you on mine now too :-) I've never made soap, but I do love the idea of knowing exactly what's in mine and of using essential oils to scent it (can't stand those synthetic scents -- they make my head hurt!). I'll take a look at your posts.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I use the Google Reader system too and it's great! I t saves a lot of time...

Cheers,

Rosa

Hopie said...

Rosa - Yes it does! I love it :-)