13 February 2008

Something Pretty

En français ici.
Well I know Valentine's Day is tomorrow and I'm not going to cook myself this year because, as much as I love to cook, I also enjoy a good night out in a cozy setting with someone else cooking for me. :-)

However, if you're looking to impress that certain someone with your talents, (but perhaps don't have a lot of time, considering Valentine's Day is on a work day). Or else, if you're spending the evening alone or with friends and want something simple but festive, here's a recipe that looks very fancy when you arrange it on a plate, but takes very little actual know-how:



8-10 artichoke bottoms (they come frozen or in a can)
8 pieces of sun-dried tomato
8 tsp pesto
8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
olive oil

Preheat the oven to 475F. Mash two of the artichoke bottoms with a fork and add the pesto. Cut the sun-dried tomato into small pieces, add to mixture and stir.

Stuff the artichoke bottoms with the pesto mixture and put them in a baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (I like to use lots) and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for about 10 minutes and serve while warm.

This dish is delish with some white rice, brown rice, or wild rice (if you want it to be more festive). Or if you want something more hardy, it's good with grilled chicken (and probably with tofu as well).

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy. i'm going to try this once lent is over.

Anonymous said...

oy. i somehow managed to omit the "n" from my name. doh!

Hopie said...

hehe, anthoy -- happy tasting after lent. it really is delish -- if I do say so myself.

little tip: the better the pesto, the better the overall dish. homemade is best of course, but if you know a good store-bought, that works too.